Learn Online with IGNOU, through FlexiLearn
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) through a portal called FlexiLearn provides free learning for people who wish to learn online. On FlexiLearn you can access free and open courses. This is a Web Portal where free learning resources are provided also with learning management system for people wishing to learn, about whatever their educational interest, needs and experience are.
FlexiLearn is an user friendly Portal wherein, one can register and look through courses By Title, Topic, IGNOU Programmes and also Courses offered By IGNOU’s Partner Institutions.
This Web Initiative by IGNOU is with an objective to provide Higher Level Education, free of cost to people so that they can gain knowledge and skill in a particular area of interest.
There is also Provision for Certification for courses but it will be made available after the payment of the requisite fees.
Why you should study from FlexiLearn ?
- Unique identification number while Signup for user tracking, so as to keep record of all course registration and completion.
- No pre-requisites for registration or fixed duration for completion of any individual course and its certification, any number of courses can be taken up at a time. However, candidates will have to fulfill basic requirement for Special IGNOU Programme registration and certification.
- Combine course credits to obtain Degree/ Diploma. For this however, the candidates will have to fulfill basic requirements stated on the Portal which will be as per the norms of the University.
- Courses will run on self learning, recorded class lectures, live teleconference sessions and web based live lectures with webcasting facility. Social networking tools also made available online for group based learning.
- Course certification will be available online, however fees applicable, candidates applying for the certificates will be enrolled as 'Associate Students' and enrolment number will be provided.
- For practical component, Study Centre’s/Practical Labs are provided, however on payment of requisite fees. Regional Centre’s will assign appropriate Study Centre’s to the candidates for courses requiring practical’s.
- Assignments made available online, to be submitted at the nearest Regional Center, evaluation through panel of evaluators / counselors by the Regional Center, grades will be forwarded to SED which on successful completion of the courses, will provide Course wise certificates. However for programmes requiring Project submission, procedures as per University norms are to be followed.
- For term end examination, online registration will be made by the learners online. On-demand examination facility available online.
Hereby these are some of the Features we found Interesting about FlexiLearn - IGNOU Open Course Portal.
Photo Courtesy Education Costs by ddpavumba / FreeDigitalPhotos.net